If you ever need a chocolate cake, this recipe will do in a pinch. It’s moist, quite delicious and doesn’t require any unusual ingredients. We demonstrate this recipe to make 2 – 9” cakes, but you can adjust the sizes and numbers as you wish. Just make sure the cake is fully baked before removing it from the oven.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Then grease and flour 2 – 9” baking pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, combine the butter or margarine, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Beat on medium-high until well creamed.
- Then, start adding the milk and dry ingredients with the wet…a little bit at a time. Mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the mix evenly into the 2 pans and place them in the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
You can tell if your cake is done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Or simply press down the middle with your fingers. If it springs back, it should be done.