Teriyaki is Japanese cooking technique where meat or seafood is traditionally broiled or grilled in a sweet marinade. We’re making a Chicken Teriyaki here we’ve simplified the process by cooking everything in a frying pan on the stove top.
• 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs. You can use chicken breast, if you prefer.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup sake
- ¼ cup mirin
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
You will also need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
This recipe makes approximately 6 servings.
- Cut each chicken thigh into strips, making about 4 strips per thigh.
- Mix the teriyaki sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces and marinate in your refrigerator for a few hours.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Carefully remove the chicken from the marinade and add it to the pan. Keep the marinade for later use.
- Saute the chicken until it is browned on all sides.
- Once the chicken is browned, add the marinade to the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the bean sprouts and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch with the water until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and stir continuously until thickened.
Serve with sticky rice.